- For those with the latest hearing aids with integrated Remote Assistance, we are able to offer appointments as normal without needing to attend our clinic. Remote Assistance allows for tweaks and adjustments via the Internet. Combined with Skype, there is little need to leave isolation for your hearing.
- Telephone consultations are available, please call for availability
- Skype appointments are also available, our Skype name is Hearing Healthcare Centre or find a link to our account here –> https://join.skype.com/
- We are offering a Postal Repair Service; hearing aids that are needing repair/servicing can be sent to our Cambridge branch (140 High Street, Chesterton, Cambridge CB4 1NW) by insured post. A return postage charge will be made.
- Battery Club and consumables (wax traps) are still available by post.
- Home visits are still available, but on a case-by-case basis.
As the COVID-19 outbreak develops and Government (and industry governing bodies) continue to offer advice, we wanted to ensure all of our clients that we are doing everything we can to support you and our staff during this difficult time. We are fully compliant with our government regulator (the HCPC) and its clinical code of practice. I can assure you that we’re taking all additional precautions to keep everyone safe.
Hearing Healthcare Centre remains open for business as normal in our Cambridge branch. In the coming days, our Saffron Walden and Newmarket branch will operate a reduced clinic service (please call for availability).
As you would expect, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation and setting measures and policies to ensure business continuity for our customers. Prior to the Government announcement on 16th March, we had already implemented strategies to ensure continuity in our customer service, technical support and supply chain delivery.
Specific measures in place comply with Government, as well as communicable disease physicians (experts in epidemiology) advice. We have always operated with a high standard of professional and clinical hygiene, and have implemented an even more rigorous level of office sanitising (equipment, door handles and hard services) during this period. We use sterile, single-use disposable products where possible. Routine hand washing, both before and after each client, is standard within our practice.
If you have visited, or have been in contact with anyone who has visited any of the ‘at-risk’ countries (category 1: Wuhan city and Hubei Province, Iran, Republic of Korea and Italy, or category 2: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam) in recent weeks, or have experienced any flu-like symptoms, we ask you to kindly to stay home. We will be happy to offer a skype appointment or telephone consultation (see below).
Please be aware that staff have been instructed not to shake hands, or to accept cash payments.
We have also adopted measuring of all (staff included) forehead temperatures using a non-contact thermometer to ensure interaction is as risk-free as possible during this uncertain period. Please be cooperative in this matter. All staff have tested within normal parameters, and any results to the contrary will result in staff being sent home.
As always, we are committed to offering a high level of service in a safe and infection-controlled manner. Due to the low foot-traffic nature of our industry, we believe that, with the extra measures in place, risk of contagion is small. However, if you prefer to remain isolated, we have a few options available;
Please don’t hesitate to let us know how else we can support you, as we’re committed to doing all we can